- This event has passed.
All-Day Christmas Meditation
Saturday, December 16, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Our traditional full day of meditative communion with the universal Christ will be on Saturday, December 16 from 10 AM to 6 PM. In support of this event, the Lake Grounds will be closed to the public.
How to prepare:
- Eat a lightly (or not at all, if you prefer) before coming to the meditation. Do not bring food of any king to the meditation (except the fruit offering – see “What to bring,” below)
- Keep silence before the meditation.
- Practice the Energization Exercises before the meditation.
- It is good to arrive a little early if you can, so that you will have time to become comfortably settled and calm before the meditation begins.
- Come in a devotional mood. Make a special effort to put aside all thoughts of the outside world for this one day, and strive to keep your whole heart and mind occupied with God alone.
- If you have a cough or a cold, you should meditate at home, rather that attend the all-day service. Paramahansa Yogananda insisted on scrupulous observance of this practice when he conducted the Christmas meditation. In fairness to others, you would not want to disturb them by coughing, sneezing, etc.
What to bring:
- Bring fruit and pranami (donation) as a devotional offering.
- Dress warmly and comfortably, so you will be able to forget about the body. You may wish to bring a shawl, or a small cushion to sit on.
- You may bring a meditation armrest, if you wish to practice the Aum Meditation Technique during the meditation.
May this day be a very special one for you, bringing you a new awareness of the presence of Christ.