June – July, 2020
Lake Shrine is the private property of Self-Realization Fellowship, maintained as a sanctuary and opened to the public as a courtesy for all to enjoy. It is recognized as an international sacred site by many religious leaders, disciples and students. Lake Shrine was founded by Paramahansa Yogananda as a place for meditation, prayer, and individual worship. The outdoor pathways and meditation benches provide a quiet environment for personal reflection and the indoor sanctuaries are for silent meditation and prayer.
We have friendly volunteers serving throughout the site who can answer questions and provide information. We also provide gate/parking attendants and uniformed security. We ask that you comply with any requests they may have.
Thank you for honoring our Visitor Guidelines and respecting our private property:
- The entire site is a smoke-free environment
- No food, beverages, or picnic lunches.* Bottled water is acceptable
- No loud talk or disruptive behaviors
- Silence phones and conversations when entering indoor sanctuaries
- No beach attire or bare feet; modest dress is appreciated
- ADA trained service animals only. No pets or therapy animals
- Children are welcome under the supervision of an adult
- Personal photography only- no drones, tripods or staged photo/video shoots
- No walk-in ceremonies or organized group activities.
For your safety:
- All staff, volunteers and guests will wear face coverings
- Everyone on site will maintain 6 feet social distancing
- All indoor spaces are closed
- Hand sanitizing stations are available
- Bring drinking water; public fountains are closed
- Restrooms will be cleaned every half hour
- There will be no docent-led walking tours during this time.